Update: January 19, 2021
Due to ongoing COVID safety protocols and continuing limitations on audience size, the QCMG Board has elected to cancel our Spring 2021 show, The Secret Garden. While these decisions remain difficult, we know how important it is to keep the safety of our participants, patrons, and community at the forefront of everything we do.
We have elected to replace The Secret Garden with a streamed performance, On With the Show: A QCMG Cabaret. The online production will feature the talents of many of our Secret Garden cast members, and you won’t want to miss your chance to see them perform!
- Patrons who had a 2020 Silver or Gold Season Ticket Package transferred to 2021 will automatically receive a link to view the production. It will be available for streaming during the original Spring 2021 show dates – April 9-11 and 16-18. Box office staff will be in touch if we do not have an email address on file for you.
- If you do not have streaming capabilities, and did not already receive a refund for the spring show portion of your season ticket, please contact us for a refund or voucher for this portion of your ticket package.
- Streaming views will also be available for anyone to purchase as the production dates get closer. Watch our social media and your email for reservation information!
We hope you will consider supporting the future of QCMG by:
- Purchasing an opportunity to view On With the Show
- Purchasing Gift Certificates to be used on future productions
- Donating to our 2021 Member-Patron program.
We will be making decisions regarding the rest of our 2021 season on a show-by-show basis as rehearsal and performance dates for each show get closer and we can assess changing guidelines and recommendations.
In the meantime, we thank you for your continued patience and support. We can’t wait to see you back in the park!
Update: July 21, 2020
At this evening’s Board of Directors meeting it was decided that, in order to continue to protect the safety of our participants and patrons, and to comply with Phase Four of Governor Pritzker’s Reopening Plan, we must cancel our 2020 Winter Production, Irving Berlin’s Holiday Inn. While we were initially hopeful we would be able to bring this holiday classic to our audiences, we remain committed to respecting the guidance set forth by our government and public health officials. We will provide an update on our ability to produce this show at a later date as soon as we can.
Please see below for a review of our Ticket Transfer Plan, first shared in May, for those currently holding 2020 tickets. No action is required on the part of our patrons. The ticket transfers will happen automatically.
- Four- or Five-Show Season Ticket Holders: Your Season Ticket Package will automatically be transferred to the 2021 Season. You will be assigned to the same show (first Friday, second Saturday, etc) and same seat numbers. We realize that some of our season ticket holders already received a partial refund for The Secret Garden. Please consider this our thank you for your loyalty! Your tickets will be mailed to you this fall.
- Three-Show Season Ticket Holders: Your Season Ticket Package will automatically be transferred to the 2021 Season. You will be assigned to the same show (first Friday, second Saturday, etc) and same seat numbers. Your tickets will be mailed to you this fall.
- Single Show Ticket Holders: For those patrons with tickets to specific shows this summer without a season ticket package, we will transfer your tickets to the same show (first Friday, second Saturday, etc) and same seat numbers. To avoid confusion with online receipts with different performance dates, we will mail your tickets to you this fall even if you selected ’email the tickets’ at check out.
- Gift Certificates: We will honor unredeemed 2020 gift certificates during our 2021 Season. If you have questions or concerns about how the Ticket Transfer Plan applies to your order, please contact us at email@example.com or 309-762-6610. We are periodically checking our messages while keeping the health and safety of our Box Office Volunteers in mind.Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to QCMG. We are so grateful for the patience, understanding, and support of our dedicated patrons and volunteers. We can’t wait to see you all just as soon as it’s safe. Please be well, Quad City Music Guild
Update: May 10, 2020
We want to, again, thank you for your patience and support as we have navigated the cancellation of the first four shows of our 2020 Season due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We have great news – we have been able to reschedule all four canceled productions to 2021!
The new dates are:
- Secret Garden – April 9-10-11 &16-17-18, 2021
- Spamalot – June 11-12-13 & 17-18-19-20, 2021
- Mamma Mia! – July 9-10-11 & 15-16-17-18, 2021
- Matilda – August 6-7-8 & 12-13-14-15, 2021
Update: May 4, 2020
We wanted to provide an update for our patrons who had already purchased tickets for the 2020 season, which has been postponed to 2021 due to the covid-19 pandemic. We are actively working with the theater publishing houses to secure rights to our 2020 season shows for 2021. As you can imagine, the theater publishing houses are incredibly busy, so it is taking some time to receive confirmation and updates. We will keep you posted and begin contacting ticket holders as soon as we are able. We appreciate the outpouring of support and your loyalty. We produce our shows for you and we cannot wait to get started again. Thank you!QCMG Board of Directors
Update: April 22, 2020
At our April 21 Board of Directors Meeting, the Quad City Music Guild Board made the decision to cancel our three summer productions – Spamalot, Mamma Mia!, and Matilda – due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our hope is to bring you these three shows, along with our previously canceled spring production, The Secret Garden, in 2021. We are already working with theatre publishing houses to make that a reality. At this time, our winter production, Irving Berlin’s Holiday Inn, is planned to go on as scheduled.
Box office volunteers will be reaching out to ticket holders over the coming days. Please be patient, as we want to make sure that they are able to do this in a safe way that follows social distancing guidelines and the Illinois stay at home order. We will provide updates as soon as we can. You can find them on QCMG social media or at www.qcmusicguild.com/covid-19-response.
During this difficult time, we would like nothing more than to come together to create and entertain. But, the health and safety of our volunteers, our patrons, and the Quad Cities community has to come first.
As always, we are so grateful for your talent, loyalty, and support. Remember – it’s only an intermission.
Update: March 13, 2020
Today, after reviewing the information presented at the QC COVID-19 Press Conference, Quad City Music Guild reached out to the Rock Island Department of Public Health for clarification on their guidelines and timelines. It is their recommendation, for the health of our patrons, that we cancel our spring production, The Secret Garden. We will, of course, follow their recommendation.
Our hearts are heavy for all involved in this beautiful show. Your time, talent, and dedication are appreciated. We are so grateful for you.
Box office volunteers will be in contact with our patrons within the next week to offer the opportunity to donate your ticket price back to the theatre, exchange your ticket for a different production this season, or refund your ticket purchase.
As always, we are so thankful for our loyal patrons. We appreciate your patience as we work through this unprecedented situation. Please, take care of yourselves.
Update: March 12, 2020
Governor Pritzker has advised that gatherings larger than 250 people should be cancelled or avoided. As a result, we are limiting ticket sales for each performance of The Secret Garden to 200 patrons. We are committed to following guidelines set by government and public health agencies to keep the health and safety of our participants and patrons at the forefront. We will continue to provide updates as needed. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this challenging situation!
Update: March 11, 2020
Quad City Music Guild is committed to the health and safety of our participants and our patrons. Currently, the Illinois Department of Public Health is indicating a low risk to residents of Illinois from the COVID-19 outbreak. However, we understand this situation is rapidly changing. As a result, we are monitoring it and the impact it may have on our spring production, The Secret Garden.
At this time, we intend to hold performances as scheduled with the following measures in place:
- Hand sanitizing stations available in restrooms and lobby
- Cleaning of handles, faucets, drinking fountains, arm rests, etc. before and after each performance
- Limiting concessions sales to prepackaged items only
If you currently have tickets and have concerns about being in an indoor performance venue at this time due to personal risk factors, or if you feel ill and it is recommended that you stay home, please contact our box office to discuss refund/exchange options. Again, health and safety remain our top priority.
Should the situation change, we will update our patrons as soon as possible.